[BlindKid] Science and Engineering Division Meeting Announcement

Louis Maher ljmaher03 at outlook.com
Fri Jul 10 16:31:40 UTC 2020

Hello,

The Science and Engineering division annual meeting will be from 3 PM to 5 PM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on Thursday, July 16, 2020. The Zoom meeting ID is:
"916 7740 7154<https://zoom.us/j/91677407154>".
You can open this link directly, or attach it to a Zoom number such as:
+13017158592,,91677407154#

Zoom Logistics

Zoom computer shortcut keys:
https://www.howtogeek.com/669467/zoom-keyboard-shortcut-and-how-to-use-them/

Muting and unmuting:
On Windows, "alt + a",
On the MAC, "command + shift + a",
On a dial-in phone, "star + 6".

On Windows, toggle audio on/Off for all except host, "Alt + M".

If the meeting host mutes everyone, then unmutes an individual, that individual is asked then to unmute themselves.  The individual can do this by hitting enter on the Windows Computer. I do not know if hitting enter on the MAC would unmute you. On iOS, double tapping will bring up a question asking if you wish to unmute.  If all else fails, you can always hit your unmute applications button.

Hand Raising and lowering:
On Windows, "alt + y",
On the MAC, "command + shift + y",
On a dial-in phone, "star + 9".

Elections

This year, the entire SEDNFB board is up for election. John Miller (SEDNFB president) has appointed a nominating committee to ensure that we will have a qualified candidate to run for each board position, and to help elections run more smoothly in a virtual meeting. The members of the nominating committee are: Ashley Neybert (committee chair), Louis Maher, and Harry Staley.

The current SEDNFB board members are:
John Miller President
Ashley Neybert Vice President
Louis Maher Secretary
Alfred Maneki Treasurer
Purvi Contractor Board Member
David Hertweck Board Member

Alfred Maneki, the long-time SEDNFB treasurer, has decided not to run for treasurer.

At the beginning of the elections, the nominating committee will read its report, listing the committee's recommendations for each board position. As each board position is considered, nominations will be accepted from the floor.  We will use hand-raising for this process.  We will use hand-raising for each election.

If you have any questions, please contact John Miller "johnmillerphd at hotmail.com<mailto:johnmillerphd at hotmail.com>".

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838