[blindlaw] Need some assistance

M T mtarley at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 21:03:43 UTC 2008

Hi All,
I have a client who has been injured at work in a slip and fall and is
now considered permanently disabled. She sustained a pretty severe
back injury and is currently receiving benefits from her former
employer under Workman's comp. However, she is now working for a
different employer due to the fact that she was no longer able to
continue doing her previous line of work, (she was a chef) and the
insurance carrier for her current employer refuses to accept her b/c
she is under workman's comp. Does anyone know of any case law on point
for this particular issue. I am located in Ga. so if anyone knows of
laws on point or has litigated a case similar I would appreciate any
advice you could give. Thanks.

Michelle
--
Michelle Tarley, Esq.
Attorney At Law

 "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"
                                               -- Helen Keller