[blindlaw] OT Seating

Prevost, Ann Marie APrevost at Sidley.com
Wed Feb 25 18:07:56 UTC 2009

Yes it takes tremendous time and effort to get a reasonable seat at a somewhat reasonable price. It is in fact, exhausting. Sadly many people take advantage of disabled seating, parking and other perceived "perks" making those who might help the visually impaired with reasonable seating skeptical and often unwilling to help. It takes a monumental effort to get to the right person and have them listen.

-----Original Message-----
From: blindlaw-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:blindlaw-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of tim and vickie shaw
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:05 PM
To: blindlaw at nfbnet.org
Subject: Re: [blindlaw] OT Seating

oh i have some vision to, and i do prefer a close seat so i can see, but they dont take that into account when they designate accessible seating. As far as they are concerned accessible seating is spaces for wheel chairs or seats near the back of the theater. I tried to go to a baseball game awhile back and we had already bought tickets and I asked the box office if they had any accessible seating that I could change my tickets to and they said they did but id have to pay a hire ticket cost because tehy only had the accessible seatign in a certain section that was a hight cost section.

> From: angie.matney at gmail.com
> To: blindlaw at nfbnet.org
> Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:46:44 -0500
> Subject: Re: [blindlaw] OT Seating
>
> I know some people with residual vision who prefer to sit where they can actually see what's going on. For this reason, they might ask for accessible seating, though this obviously might be different from seating that is most accessible for people who use wheel chairs.
>
> This part of the message is not directed at Mark. I wonder if we could try to have the subject lines reflecting the topic under discussion. It looks like several threads are being discussed under "job discrimination."
>
> Thanks for making a law student's life a bit less chaotic. :)
>
> Angie
>
> Sent from my Nokia N82.

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for blindlaw:
http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindlaw_nfbnet.org/aprevost%40sidley.com

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: To comply with certain U.S. Treasury regulations, we inform you
that, unless expressly stated otherwise, any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this
communication, including attachments, was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be
used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed on such
taxpayer by the Internal Revenue Service. In addition, if any such tax advice is used or referred
to by other parties in promoting, marketing or recommending any partnership or other entity,
investment plan or arrangement, then (i) the advice should be construed as written in connection
with the promotion or marketing by others of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed in this
communication and (ii) the taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer's particular
circumstances from an independent tax advisor.
immediately.