[blindlaw] Question About Rental Discrimination

Mark BurningHawk stone_troll at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 1 14:37:29 UTC 2009

Hi, Brian.  It seems to me that ignorance doesn't account for the
irrationality and fervor with which people who can see react to those
who cannot.  It's more like a fear/panic/defensive aggressive
approach.  I have a theory that the lack of eye contact engages a
response as old as the limbic system of the brain--fear the stranger
who does not look at you, for he may be ill or insane or a threat.
The blind are perceived as a threat, however nebulously.  As CJ
Cherryh said, "Ignorance killed the cat; curiosity got framed."

Mark BurningHawk
stone_troll at sbcglobal.net
Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
Home:  Http://MarkBurningHawk.net/