[blindlaw] PDF file

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Fri Jan 1 22:40:59 UTC 2010

Just like a lawyer to have to argue about the purpose of the list,
(smile.)  Yes, most lawyers are going to have to use technology
successfully to succeed today.  Consequently, I know that there is
going to be some technology discussion here.  However, I was trying
to make two points.  First, this list probably isn't the best source
of technical advice, as most of the people here are not primarily
technology-related.  That is why I suggested gui-talk.  To illustrate
my point, if you had a question about  software licensing, you might
get an answer at gui-talk -- but this list might be a better
choice.  My second point was that if a list goes off topic to far,
for to long, people start dropping away.  I just wanted to gently
remind people of the purpose of the list, so the discussion could
take place and end.

Now that you brought this up we will probably get in a long
discussion about the purpose of the list etc.

Dave