[blindlaw] Intro and request for assistance

Rod Alcidonis attorney at alcidonislaw.com
Sat Jan 2 20:29:08 UTC 2010

As lawyers, let's be careful with crying discrimination without knowing more
about the situation. This can be a case where the professor is misinformed
rather than anything else. If it is taking the student two hours to do a
mock direct examination where it is taking a sighted student 10 minutes,
there is a problem. I am not saying this is the case but the professor may
feel a bit concerned with how things are happening in his classroom.

We need to know what accommodations the student is working with, and what it
is she is doing to litigate. While many blind lawyers can do trial work,
many cannot. This is dirty business.

Solution: both the professor and student have to be educated on the issues.
I doubt that the professor is even an attorney, let alone a practicing one.
Maybe the student is not organizing her work in a workable manner.

Rod Alcidonis
Attorney and Counselor at Law
Philadelphia, PA
Licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey