[blindlaw] U.S. Dept. of Labor listening tour

James Pepper b75205 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 19:32:50 UTC 2010

Well, I testified, and I demanded that Obama sign an executive order
ordering the US census to count the blind, the visually impaired and the
disabled.  One of the speakers from Reach was saying that he was going to
send a message to Obama on the disability issue and so I stood up and said
that the CDC is currently tracking 18 million Americans over the age of 40
who have the 6 major eye diseases that cause blindness, and 17 million more
have cataracts whcih is twice the population of african americans who voted
in the 2008 election.  This was filmed for CSpan but I do not know when it
will be on.  But it was a good meeting.

I explained what I could do with my process for accessibility and the
progress on that issue too.

James Pepper