[blindlaw] Law Study in Canada

Graham Hardy graham.hardy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 17:53:42 UTC 2010

Hello Elizabeth, Blaine and others,

I am a new member of this list, having joined because I've just been
admitted to a Canadian law school, the University of British Columbia. I can
certainly provide perspectives and thoughts as they come up, and I'll
probably be asking for some from other people. Feel free in turn to ask any
questions of me, however doubtful it is that I could help you.

It's a long way to look ahead, but I'd be interested in working, at least
partly, in the United States. I am fairly sure that New York and
Massachusetts recognise Canadian law degrees, though I don't know quite why
they would want to or whether other states do as well. I'd actually be
interested in finding a summer internship in an American law firm for next
summer or the summer after my second year, but I don't know anything about
how hard or desirable it might be for a Canadian law student to do that. Any
thoughts?

All very best,
Graham