[blindlaw] advice

ray wayne rwayne1 at nyc.rr.com
Sun Mar 21 23:57:48 UTC 2010

Hi Katy
I have to agree that carrying a cane is the best solution, even if you don't use it in the manner that a totally blind person would. The presence of the cane let's people know that you are blind, and they may be more pro-active about introducing themselves to you, whereas, without the cane they may assume that you know who they are and are not interested in meeting them.
I hope this is helpful.
Ray