[blindlaw] Hello everyone

Blaine Deutscher b.m.deutscher at sasktel.net
Tue Nov 16 00:00:39 UTC 2010

these are all very good questions.  I will pass on some information that my
unckle, a crown prosicuter said to me "if you're looking at Law for the
money then don't bother."  I'm not sure about other law schools, I gather it
depends on the school just like it does for an undergraduate degree.  The
chairmen of the University of Saskatchewan's college of Law came and spoke
with us and mentioned that school fees and textbooks you're looking at
$10000.  I'm not sure if that is per year or per semester as he said that
textbooks are about $2000.  I asked today what students take as I was
interested if students with a disability have to take the same amount of
courses as they do with sighted students.  Up in Canada a full time load is
3 to 5 courses, for an undergrad degree.  In law school first year students
take 5 classes.  I sure learnt a lot today about taking the LSats,
qualifications required to getting in, ETC.  As for defending someone it all
depends on the case but from what I've observed being able to approach and
ask the five w's and dig to get the person off with the least offence you
need to put in a few hours.  Correct me if I'm wrong lawyers that are on
this list but a law degree isn't the type of job if you're looking to get
out of the office monday to friday 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.  Talk to you later
and welcoem to the list.

Blaine