[blindlaw] Federal law Question

James jimi-law at dc.rr.com
Wed Jun 22 06:01:27 UTC 2011

The admission to practice in federal district court is determined by local
rules of admittance for the district court.  As a preliminary you do have to
be a member of a state or DC.  Some district courts require admission into
the state in which the district court is located, i.e., California.  Then
there are districts like Northern Florida which in addition to admission in
any state or DC only requires passing an online exam which any law grad
could sleep walk through.  Immigration court and other federal
administrative/quasi judicial bodies generally do not require admission into
the state in which the court you wish to appear in is located, i.e., any
state or DC gets you into immigration court.  Note however Bankruptcy court
differs but the tax court is similar to immigration court.  Basically you
have to inquire court by court to ensure you get the straight dope.