[blindlaw] Discriminating Signs

AZNOR99 at aol.com AZNOR99 at aol.com
Mon Sep 12 00:22:54 UTC 2011

You might be able to argue that by placing the sign, the Village is
providing a reasonable accommodation (a weak argument though) and that you have
the right to refuse a reasonable accommodation under the ADA.  You might
also be able to argue that by erecting such a sign, the Village is violating
your right to confidentiality under the ADA (also a weak argument).

I suggest you contact Shawn Mayo, Executive Director at BLIND, Inc.  I
believe that the City of Minneapolis recently put up signs similar to yours
near  the training center, but Shawn, her staff, and the affilliate
successfully  advocated to get them removed. Shawn's email address is
_smayo at blindinc.org_ (mailto:smayo at blindinc.org) .

Good luck,
Ronza

In a message dated 9/11/2011 7:53:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,