[blindlaw] Question for the Mailing List

Michael Fry mikefry79 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 15:52:10 UTC 2012

Hi Liz,

Great question.  This is a problem for me and is likely a serious
problem for many people on the list.

Working for a government is an option that somewhat ameliorates this
problem.  Whether it be municipal, county, state, or federal by
working for a government you'll argue in the same courtroom all the
time or you'll be provided with reliable transportation to other
venues.

I'm excited to hear other responses to this question.  I suspect,
however, that it's almost impossible for a person that is visually
impaired to cope with a different commute on a daily basis outside of
a major city.

I suppose you could hire a driver off of Craigslist.

This is why I'm so excited about the NFB project with computer driven
cars.  Nevada is the first state to say it's okay for computer driven
cars to legally drive on public streets.  Hopefully, in a decade, cars
will be driving themselves.  Then, this won't be a problem for
anybody.