[blindlaw] law library accessibility

Susan Kelly Susan.Kelly at pima.gov
Fri Apr 12 14:38:10 UTC 2013

When I first started losing my vision 4 years ago, I used a program
called WinZoom - it was a very helpful magnification / narration program
which is quite useful to persons who still have a decent amount of
residual vision.  It is fairly intuitive and does not have the learning
curve of JAWS or Zoom Text.  While it probably wouldn't help users who
need JAWS or a similar heavy-duty program, it would be good on the other
terminals - magnification is much more clear than that I remember being
standard on a Windows computer, and is useful even to folks who still
have the eyesight to be driving, etc.

It does seem that at least one terminal should have JAWS, though - and
maybe the braille output option as well?  And MAGic or some other
magnification program.

Good luck - I still have problems convincing others in the profession
that I can still use a computer just like before.