[blindlaw] Special education question

Susan Kelly Susan.Kelly at pima.gov
Thu Apr 18 22:17:23 UTC 2013

Working at juvenile court, I have many clients who have had 504 plans
based on learning disabilities.  I know that's a different thing, but if
the child doesn't get accepted based on the arbitrary vision cut-off,
perhaps the visual impairment could be characterized as something which
causes or contributes to a learning disability, just like dyslexia or
other print disorders....  Just a thought for a way to get help now,
while working out the arbitrary barriers on the other category.