[blindlaw] State VR Occupational Goal

Zachariah M zmayfarth23 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 13:41:31 UTC 2013

Hello All,

I wanted to ask for your advice regarding a question posed to me by my VR
Counselor. What occupation(s) could i list on my Individual Plan for
employment  (IPE) that require a JD but aren't "attorney" or "paralegal"? I
am a partially sighted Minnesota resident registered with State Services
for the Blind(SSB), and would like to become an attorney,  but my counselor
with SSB doesn't feel that she would be able to get my IPE approved with an
occupational goal of "attorney" due to the extended time commitment of
getting into and finishing law school.

Thank you all for your time and attention in this important matter.

Respectfully,

Zachariah

Sent from a mobile phone, please excuse brevity, spelling and grammar.