[blindlaw] accessing textbooks while in law school

Laura Wolk laura.wolk at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 23:49:01 UTC 2013

hello,

i'm sure this question gets asked rather frequently, but i am
wondering if anyone can provide some guidance about accessing
textbooks for law school. i have been out of undergrad for 4 years and
so much has changed since i left school.

i am aware that the nook, kindle, etc are inaccessible, but what about
getting the nook and kindle apps on my iPhone/iPad? are these
platforms then accessible? if books are available as nookbooks,
kindles, or on ibooks, am i able to use my apple devices to access
them? how about from a windows computer?

secondly, while in undergrad i was mostly successful at contacting the
permissions departments of publishers to have them provide electronic
copies for me. sometimes the disabilities office needed to intervene,
but i got many books this way. i have as of yet not had success doing
this with law books. can anyone provide any tips of the trade to be
more successful at this?

i greatly appreciate any advice you might be able to offer.

thanks,
laura