[blindlaw] intro to law.

Chris Griggs chrisgriggs0 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 03:07:44 UTC 2013

Hi Michael,  I have just taken my LSAT, so I am not even a law student yet.
 I have been told that your bachelors degree is not critical to your law
degree, so anything goes.  I am assuming you are going to need a BA first
since you have just opened a V.R. account.  So, along that line of
thinking, I would agree with Paul.  Get a degree in what interests you, and
then as you approach graduation determine if you want to pursue a JD.  The
most important things for getting into a law school are your GPA, and early
prep for the LSAT.  Along the way, you might try to get involved with some
mock trials through your attorney generals office.  I would also recommend
getting involved politically, I have made several beneficial acquaintances
through my local political structure.  It gives a more realistic idea of
what the legal world is like than you see on TV.  In fairness, I became a
Political Science major and moved to the idea of law school from that.  I
wish you the best of luck.

--
Chris Griggs