[blindlaw] phones

Sy Hoekstra sy.hoekstra at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 19:03:40 UTC 2013

None of the phones themselves have accessibility technology like the iPhone
as far as I know. You can purchase and download and/or install  screen
reading software on them, but I have heard nothing but bad things.

As far as I can tell, the only real smart phone alternatives to an iPhone at
the moment are a limited number of Nokia phones with the software called
Talks. But I don't know if it works with any of the newer Nokia models that
are on the Android app market. I'm not a fan of Apple's smug complacency
about accessibility, particularly when it comes to the professionally
useless Voiceover, but I gave in about a year ago because I couldn't find
another good option.

Any suggestions are welcome though.