[blindlaw] Introduction

Kerri Regan kerrireg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 17:17:12 UTC 2013

Hi everyone. I just joined this list a few minutes ago so figured I
should introduce myself. My name is Kerri Regan. I'm totally blind,
live in New York  and recently returned to school for a paralegal
certificate. So far I'm finding my classes very interesting and think
I may have finally found the career path for me. I look forward to
learning more about the legal profession from a blind perspective on
this list. I'd be especially interested in talking to other paralegals
mainly about employment and access to legal databases. So far I
haven't had any problems acquiring class materials, my book was on
Bookshare and the professor has been great about sending electronic
versions of the handouts. We'll be using WestLaw later in the program
which is supposedly fairly accessible. Is this true? I look forward to
hearing and learning from many of you. Thanks, Kerri