[blindlaw] Reply On Post From Mike

Norman, Gary C. (CMS/OSORA) Gary.Norman at cms.hhs.gov
Wed Sep 11 17:15:48 UTC 2013

Greetings:

This day of rememberence is not only sad for those who are survivors or for those who lost beloved, my heart poors out for you; it may, as years past, and as for many, memories fade, be an opportunity in noting the human spirit and even how animals can partner with their human custodians, such as a guide dog hero showed leadership in the hurley and burley of great adversity that day. I do agree with the comments of Mike. As has sparked a renewed conversation these years hence, this day should also remind us of the sentiments of Post Master General and Grand Master, Ben Franklin, that liberty and security must be in healthy proportion.

Sincerely,
Gary

All,

While this is a day of rememberance, it also is a day we should use to think about lessons that came out of 9-11.  I think the teamwork, trust, and unity we all experienced right after that day are things we should strive to regain and make a more tangible part of our lives.

We sure all have a lot to learn from the unconditional love our guide dogs show us.  Whether or not you have a guide dog, be just a little more loving today and see if you can keep it going after 9-11.

Joy and love to you all,

Mike Hingson and Africa