[blindlaw] few questions about college

Stephen Alexander Marositz samarositz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 20:57:30 UTC 2014

Hi Jorge,

I am finishing law school in the spring and plan to take the bar in the
summer.  I am happy to share my experiences.

I am not Shure you should think about specializing so soon.  I would suggest
that the areas of law that are "hot" may be somewhat different by the time
you graduate than they are today.  Besides, at least my experience with law
school has been largely positive.  I've loved nearly every subject I've
taken and wanted to specialize in them all.  You will get exposure in law
school to a lot of interesting areas which will help you specialize later
on.

At my college, there was a minor in pre-law taught out of the political
Science department.  I earned it, but I agree with others on this list, what
really matters is how much practice you get in reading and writing and
critical thinking.  Looking back on it, I wished I had read criticly more as
an undergrad.

I took the LSAT about a year before I graduated.  I'm not sure it matters
when you take it though.  I would say, I was  a philosophy major
concentrating on logic and I believe these courses helped me prepare for the
LSAT immensely.

I hope these thoughts are useful to you.

Alex