[blindlaw] Town Hall Forum Slated 27 March -- I Am Helping to Facillitate/The Team For Town Hall for which I Have Great Respect -- Find Below: Please Attend or Share Critical

GL Norman glnorman15 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 25 15:38:49 UTC 2015

Knowing What To Do and When To Do It:
Emergency Preparedness for People with Sensory Disabilities

The Baltimore
Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI) in partnership with Towson University’s
Center for Professional Studies and the Edward V. Badolato Endowed Speaker
Series invites you to join us for a Town Hall seminar addressing emergency
preparedness for people with sensory disabilities.

Keynote
Speaker: Marcie Roth,
Director of FEMA’s Office of Disability Integration and Coordination

Panelists
will include subject matter experts:

·
Marcie
Roth, Director, FEMA
Office of Disability Integration Coordination

·
Suzy
Rosen Singleton,
Disability Rights Office, Federal Communications Commission

·
Day
Al-Mohamed, Senior
Policy Advisor, U.S. Department of Labor

·
Claude
Stout, Executive
Director, TDI (formally Telecommunications for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing,
Inc.)

Date: Friday, March 27, 2015

Time: Registration and continental
breakfast begin at 8:00 am

Town Hall will
run from 9:00am-12:00pm

Location: Towson University’s Minnegan Room at
Johnny Unitas Stadium

7698 Osler
Drive, Towson, MD 21204

Accommodations
will be provided to attendees. Interpreters for the deaf and deaf/blind
will be provided. Please contact us to confirm any accommodation requests or
with questions you may have at:  Baltimore City Mayor's Office of
Emergency Management: 410-396-6175

Seating
is limited.  To register, go to:  http://www.eventbrite.com/e/knowing-what-to-do-and-when-to-do-it-emergency-preparedness-for-people-with-disabilities-tickets-15636481136

  Mayor's Office of Emergency Management

  Calvin
  Bowman

  Senior Policy Advisor

  Chairman, Urban Areas Security Initiative

  1201 E. Cold Spring Lane

  Baltimore, MD  21239

  calvin.bowman at baltimorecity.gov

  410-396-6175 (Office)