[blindlaw] Judge reduces disability costs in fee shifting award

Tim Elder tim at timeldermusic.com
Mon Nov 16 22:40:55 UTC 2015

FWIW: I doubt those costs are recoverable regardless of being blind.  Perhaps you could have billed them as a paralegal if they were performing that level of work.  Paralegals often do filings.  However, for the legal assistant, I see very few districts where admin time is compensable.  I suspect it is seen as overhead for the higher hourly rate of the attorney.

Regards,