[blindlaw] IMPORTANT!! ANNOUNCEMENT FROM DISABILITY LAW COLORADO

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. ukekearuaro at valtdnet.com
Fri Oct 2 15:55:25 UTC 2015

Hi Everyone:

The announcement below comes from the September Newsletter of Disability Law
Colorado:

      September 16, 2015

        We need your help in evaluating voting systems
            Secretary of State Wayne Williams has established the Pilot
Election Review Committee to evaluate and assess the performance of proposed
uniform voting systems.  These systems will be piloted in various counties
in the 2015 coordinated elections. The Pilot Election Review Committee is
assisting in the development of standardized methods to obtain feedback on
the performance of the voting systems from County Clerks and Recorders,
county election staff members, voters, election judges, and other
stakeholders.  Disability Law Colorado was appointed to the committee in
order to represent people with disabilities as key stakeholders in this
process.  DLC is now seeking input and evaluation from the disability
community by doing some hands-on testing of the proposed election equipment.
The counties that will be piloting this equipment are as follows:

              a.. Adams
              b.. Jefferson
              c.. Denver
              d.. Douglas
              e.. Mesa
              f.. Garfield
              g.. Teller
              h.. Gilpin
            If you live in one of these counties and are interested in
testing the equipment for accessibility, please contact Jennifer Levin at
303-722-0300 for more information.

Well, let's find a way to help the election officials make voting reasonably
accessible to all disabled persons, especially individuals that are blind or
visually impaired.  I've been to their office here in Denver to help
evaluate the proposed new voting system and I've shared my thoughta with the
office.  But more help is needed and the time is rather short!  So, let's
step up to the plate as best we all can.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

---