[blindlaw] Document Review

Daniel McBride dlmlaw at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 4 20:36:00 UTC 2016

Dear Group:

I cannot speak for your geographic areas, but in the Dallas/Fort Worth area,
attorneys, sighted or blind, engaged in document review are making an
average of about $60,000, while the firm's associate attorneys are making
triple figure salaries. Although the amount paid for document review isn't
that bad, it certainly isn't that good. The only firm I sought employment
with would not hire me for absolute lack of accessibility to a blind
attorney. And Texas is so deluged with newly licensed attorneys, they are
having no problem filling their document review vacancies with sighted
attorneys.

Dan McBride, Fort Worth