[blindlaw] Questions for Judge Tatel

Rahul Bajaj rahul.bajaj1038 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 18:35:08 UTC 2016

Hi Everyone,

I hope this message finds you well.
As some of you might recall, I shared the details of an interview
series that we've recently launched through which we hope to start a
larger public conversation about how the legal ecosystem can be
restructured in ways that would make it more accessible and inclusive.
 Our first interview in this series featured Justice Yacoob who served
on the South African Constitutional Court for 15 years and is blind:
http://idialaw.com/blog/idap-interview-series-interview-i-with-justice-zak-mohammed-yacoob/

Judge David S. Tatel, who has served as a judge on the Federal Court
of Appeals for the DC Circuit since 1994 and is blind, has very kindly
agreed to give us an interview. We'll be interviewing him next week.
Are there any particular questions that you think we should ask him?
Questions that would help us learn more about the coping strategies
and technological solutions that he has adopted to excel in his
career.
Judge Tatel, as some of you might know, filled the vacancy left by
Justice Ruth Ginsburg's appointment to the Supreme Court and has
delivered some very significant verdicts in recent years, most notably
on issues connected with net neutrality. So one can acquire a lot of
actionable insights from him.
Please feel free to get in touch with me off-list if you'd like to
discuss this further or suggest any other potential interviewees.

Best,
Rahul