[blindlaw] looking for articles for Young Lawyers Division Disability Rights Committee newsletter

Deepa Goraya deepa.goraya at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 21:09:18 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

Reminder that the ABA Young Lawyers Division Disability Rights Committee,
www.americanbar.org/groups/young_lawyers/committees/disability_rights.html
<http://www.americanbar.org/groups/young_lawyers/committees/disability_right
s.html> ,

will be publishing our second quarterly newsletter on January 19. We are
looking for more short articles and op-eds to include. The articles we
received for our fall newsletter were great and we'd love more on a wide
variety of interesting topics. If anyone would like to write something,
please let me know and have your article to me by the first week of January.
Again, the articles should be short, regarding recent legal developments or
relevant tenets of law (approximately

200-300 words). Some suggestions for articles are: current relevant topics
(such as discussing a recent significant court opinion or case in disability
rights, upcoming significant Supreme Court decision, a legal event or
cconference that just occurred), a discussion about being an attorney with a
disability and your concerns/challenges in the legal profession, etc. Some
examples of op-eds are: Lessons from One of America's Best Advocates, Sexism
in the Legal Field, Reflections of a Young Trial Attorney, etc. Note that if
you want to publish an article in our newsletter, we must be your first
place of publication. So please do not send an article that has already been
published somewhere else, not even for another newsletter.

If interested in writing an article, please email me ASAP at
deepa_goraya at washlaw.org <mailto:deepa_goraya at washlaw.org> .

Additionally, separate from the newsletter, we are also looking for 101/201
practice series articles throughout the year. 101/201 Practice Series
articles are online resources for new lawyers covering basic training in
both substantive and practical aspects of law practice. So they would be
posted to our Committee website. These articles are typically longer than
the short articles contained in Newsletters-approximately 600 words. While
Practice Series articles are longer, and tend to be more substantive in
nature, it is important to note that these are not "law review"
articles-they are simple, short articles that discuss important substantive
and/or practical aspects of law practice. They can vary in terms of topic,
but should have some nexus to the work of the  Disability Rights Committee.
Please see here for

101/201 examples:

http://www.americanbar.org/groups/young_lawyers/publications/the_101_201_pra
ctice_series/women_minority_lawyers.html;

http://www.americanbar.org/groups/young_lawyers/publications/the_101_201_pra
ctice_series.html.

If interested in writing a 101/201 piece, please email me at
deepa_goraya at washlaw.org <mailto:deepa_goraya at washlaw.org> .

Deepinder K. Goraya, ESQ.