[blindlaw] Introduction and questions

Kenia Flores kenia.flores101 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 22:20:14 UTC 2016

Hello fellow Federationists,

I hope you are all doing well. My name is Kenia, and I am a member of the North Carolina NFB affiliate. I will be a freshman at Furman University this fall. After graduating from Furman, I plan on attending law school. I ultimately want to practice Disability Law. I realize I am fairly young and still have time before I apply and attend law school, but I have a few questions for you all.

1. Did you encounter any barriers when taking the LSAT? If so, what were they?
2. How did you prepare for the LSAT? Were study materials accessible either in Braille or in an electronic version?3. What challenges did you face in law school (they don't necessarily need to be specific to blindness)?
4. I am comfortable with my blindness and am always upfront about it whether it be with an employer or professor. How do you address your blindness while still proving you are just as capable as other lawyers?
5. I hope to gain internship experience next summer at a law firm. Do you have any advice that may be helpful in the process of obtaining one?

I apologize for such a lengthy email. I look forward to hearing from you all and hope you don't mind sharing your insight.

--
Sincerely,
Kenia Flores