[blindlaw] Ziosk:

Susan Kelly Susan.Kelly at pima.gov
Tue Mar 8 15:36:37 UTC 2016

I first ran into these while at a conference in Utah in October, and then once again back home in Arizona.  At the Utah location, I was with a sighted co-worker, and our waiter was most helpful in explaining the device to her.  She is not the most tech-savvy person (I have talked her through a lot of issues she has had with her Surface Pro tablet), and some of the things that she was describing on the screen did sound a bit confusing even for a sighted user.  This was confirmed when my boyfriend and I ran into the same device at another restaurant here at home.  He is an engineer and very computer-oriented, yet also was a bit thrown off by the device.  Again at this location, the waiter was very helpful and a standard order/pay method was also available.  Long story short - the problem may go beyond just the apparent lack of accessibility....

Sent from my iPad