[blindlaw] Bluebook

kelby carlson kelbycarlson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 19:08:51 UTC 2016

Christopher,

A few thoughts. I don't use an Apex anymore, since I got a
BrailleSense. I have actually found it to be less helpful in terms of
formatting, though; I use UEB which has much more formatting
capabilities, but the format characters disappear from the file as
soon as you type them. This makes formatting almost impossible.

To be honest, I don't think you can effectively write legal documents
by exclusively using a notetaker. There's just too much you have to do
that a notetaker can't, or can't do easily.

As far as small caps, I would recommend asking your journal if you can
use a substitute; the entire law review at my school uses bold in
place of small caps, which later gets converted after pulling.