[blindlaw] Practicing law with a Mac

Al Elia al.elia at aol.com
Wed Aug 2 14:31:14 UTC 2017

Yes to the first question. I don't know to the second. Using a mac makes
it very difficult to collaborate with other attorneys who use Windows,
primarily because VoiceOver support in MS word for Mac is not yet ready
for primetime.

If you are already familiar with Windows and a Windows screenreader, I
would recommend sticking with that for the time being, though it pains
me to say that. I only use a Mac and VoiceOver because I've been using
them for a decade, and am faster using them even with the limitations. I
still have Windows running under VMWare, though, because there are
things that currently require Windows (like dealing with tracked changes
reasonably).