[blindlaw] Disability-related Case Law in Latin America

Áine Kelly-Costello ainekc at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 08:57:56 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I am a blind university student from New Zealand.

My apologies if this question is considered off-topic, as it is not blindness-specific per se, but would anyone happen to know if there is a repository of case law concerning people with disabilities in Latin America anywhere? I'm particularly interested in cases in Chile, but any and all case law concerning disabled people from the region would be useful to look through. I'm aiming to focus on the (often overlapping) areas of discrimination (definitions of equal opportunity, reasonable accommodation, affirmative action measures etc.), and any particular provisions concerning the employment of disabled people.

To give a little context - this is for an Honours dissertation project in Latin American studies. I'm hoping to compare discourses in the above-mentioned areas in Chile and New Zealand.

Any help would be much appreciated, including any connections people may have with legal professionals/researchers who know this field.

Thanks very much in advance,

Best wishes,

Aine