[blindlaw] Important Information about Disaster Relief

Scott C. Labarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Wed Aug 30 00:25:38 UTC 2017

Greetings everyone, first of all, to our members and friends in Texas and
Louisiana, our thoughts and prayers are with you, and we hope all are safe
and dry.

As the storm passes, countless thousands of  individuals  will have legal
issues related to the disaster.  The American Bar Association is attempting
to centralize relevant information both for attorneys and members of the
public.  We have created

www.ambar.org/harvey <http://www.ambar.org/harvey>

as a resource.

I just learned this evening that the Texas Supreme Court has issued an
emergency order allowing out of state attorneys to represent disaster
survivers on a probono basis.  When you check out our website, you will find
links on how you can volunteer to help out.

This website is constantly being updated and populated with new resources.
So check back often.  If you are aware of other resources the ABA should
identify, please let me know.

On a side note, I am also pleased to tell you that one of the topics of
discussion on the ABA planning call I completed this evening was a clear
directive that information we offer on the Harvey site should be fully
accessible.  The real joy for me was that it was not necessary for me to be
the one pointing this out.

Finally, I want to note that one of our NABL Board Members, Randy Farber,
lives in Houston.  We hope you and your family are safe and well.  The same
goes for any other NABL members in the area!

Warmly,

Scott

Thanks,

Scott LaBarre