[blindLaw] FW: The ABA is here for you

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 16:43:21 UTC 2020

Denise R. Avant, Esq.

President,

773-991-8050

Live the life you want.

For more information about NFBI,

Go to www.nfbofillinois.org

From: ABA President Judy Perry Martinez <abapresident at americanbar.org>
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2020 4:28 PM
To: davant1958 at GMAIL.COM
Subject: The ABA is here for you

The ABA continues to serve our members and lead our profession in innovative
ways.

‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌
‌

Trouble Viewing?
<http://maestro.abanet.org/list/inxsxxpc/200417P/j2mabp.vib?a0=58668&a2=dava
nt1958%40gmail.com&a1=%26UNSUBSCRIBE_TOKEN%3B> View online.

 <http://maestro.abanet.org/trk/click?ref=z11aidwdq5_0-3ffa2x365228x058668&>

 <http://maestro.abanet.org/trk/click?ref=z11aidwdq5_0-3ffa2x365228x058668&>

Office of the President
<http://maestro.abanet.org/trk/click?ref=z11aidwdq5_0-3ffa2x3ca07ax058668&>

AMBAR.ORG
<http://maestro.abanet.org/trk/click?ref=z11aidwdq5_0-3ffa2x341fb3x058668&>

<http://maestro.abanet.org/trk/click?ref=z11aidwdq5_0-3ffa2x3730c2x058668&>
CAREER CENTER     |
<http://maestro.abanet.org/trk/click?ref=z11aidwdq5_0-3ffa2x39e17cx058668&>
MEMBERSHIP     |
<http://maestro.abanet.org/trk/click?ref=z11aidwdq5_0-3ffa2x3b9b13x058668&>
CALENDAR     |
<http://maestro.abanet.org/trk/click?ref=z11aidwdq5_0-3ffa2x3b7c4fx058668&>
CLE     |
<http://maestro.abanet.org/trk/click?ref=z11aidwdq5_0-3ffa2x39b0c6x058668&>
PUBLISHING

Dear colleague,

I hope you are healthy, safe, and faring well. The ABA knows the challenges
you are facing as you handle court hearings and depositions virtually,
provide counsel to detained individuals, and advise businesses large and
small. We understand the obstacles as you try to extend lines of credit,
collect payments from cash-strapped clients, and manage employees remotely.
And we have a sense of the stress and pressures resulting from competing
duties of work, home, and community.

We are here for you. And we want to do even more. Let me share some of the
ways we are using our association’s voice and expertise to make a difference
for you and the people we serve:

Pandemic legal resources. The ABA is providing COVID-19 information tailored
for
<https://www.americanbar.org/groups/gpsolo/resources/disaster-resources>
solo and small-firm practitioners,
<https://www.americanbar.org/groups/business_law/resources/covid19_resources
> business law,
<https://www.americanbar.org/groups/litigation/covid-19/articles-resources>
litigation and
<https://www.americanbar.org/groups/taxation/resources/covid19-taxnews>
taxation, and offering Paycheck Protection Program and other information
regarding the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. We
are also regularly adding resources to our
<https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/the-aba-task-force-on-legal-needs-aris
ing-out-of-the-2020-pandem> comprehensive pandemic website, including our
<https://www.americanbar.org/cle-marketplace> CLE Marketplace with nearly
600 widely-accredited online and on-demand programs, free with your ABA
membership.

Mental health and well-being. A
<https://www.americanbar.org/events-cle/ecd/ondemand/398882734> free
on-demand CLE by the ABA Center for Professional Responsibility, Commission
on Disability Rights, Health Law Section, and Commission on Lawyer
Assistance Programs has attracted nearly 1,000 registrants and is a reminder
to all of us of the critical need to take care of ourselves.

Emergency bar admissions. The ABA has recommended that state licensing
authorities enact emergency rules that would authorize recent law graduates
to practice temporarily under the direct supervision of a licensed attorney
if a state’s July bar exam is canceled or postponed. Our guidance takes
every precaution to ensure clients are competently and professionally served
while helping law graduates in these extraordinary circumstances.
<https://www.americanbar.org/news/abanews/aba-news-archives/2020/04/bog-acti
on-law-students> Read more.

Grassroots advocacy, April 22-23. For the first time, the annual ABA Day
grassroots advocacy event on Capitol Hill is now fully digital, enabling any
of our members, anywhere, to be a direct part of our respected advocacy. We
will educate members of Congress on the need for increased rural broadband
to expand access to legal services, preservation of Public Service Loan
Forgiveness to enable lawyers and other professionals to pursue public
service careers, federal funding for legal aid through the Legal Services
Corporation, and VA authority to pay for legal services for homeless
veterans.
<https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/governmental_legislative_work/aba-day>
Please join us, as you are available, and strengthen our voice for the legal
profession. You can also visit our
<https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/governmental_legislative_work>
Governmental Affairs website to learn about the ABA’s full slate of advocacy
on behalf of our profession.

The ABA is here for you. In our ongoing dialogues with leaders of state,
local, and specialty bar associations across the globe, we are learning more
about what our members need and sharing ways to promote justice and the rule
of law during these extraordinary times.
<mailto:abapresident at americanbar.org> Please let me know if you have any
questions or need anything.

Stay safe and well.

<https://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/images/office_president/jpm_ful
l_signature.jpg>

Judy Perry Martinez
President, American Bar Association

Connect with us.

 <http://maestro.abanet.org/trk/click?ref=z11aidwdq5_0-3ffa2x35819fx058668&>

 <http://maestro.abanet.org/trk/click?ref=z11aidwdq5_0-3ffa2x37c52cx058668&>

 <http://maestro.abanet.org/trk/click?ref=z11aidwdq5_0-3ffa2x37425bx058668&>

 <http://maestro.abanet.org/trk/click?ref=z11aidwdq5_0-3ffa2x342e54x058668&>
Update profile

 <http://maestro.abanet.org/trk/click?ref=z11aidwdq5_0-3ffa2x342e55x058668&>
E-mail preferences

<http://maestro.abanet.org/trk/clickp?ref=z11aidwdq5_0-3ffa2x342e56x058668&t
oken=&UNSUBSCRIBE_TOKEN;> Unsubscribe

 <http://maestro.abanet.org/trk/click?ref=z11aidwdq5_0-3ffa2x342e57x058668&>
Privacy Policy

 <http://maestro.abanet.org/trk/click?ref=z11aidwdq5_0-3ffa2x342e58x058668&>
Contact Us

 <http://maestro.abanet.org/trk/click?ref=z11aidwdq5_0-3ffa2x342e59x058668&>

 <http://maestro.abanet.org/trk/click?ref=z11aidwdq5_0-3ffa2x342e59x058668&>

This message was sent to  <mailto:davant1958 at gmail.com>
davant1958 at gmail.com.
Your e-mail address will only be used within the ABA.
We do not sell or rent e-mail addresses.

American Bar Association
321 N Clark, Chicago, IL 60654-7598
 <tel:8002852221> 800-285-2221 |  <tel:3129885522> 312-988-5522

More ABA Resources

AMBAR.ORG
<http://maestro.abanet.org/trk/click?ref=z11aidwdq5_0-3ffa2x3bc4c4x058668&>

CAREER