[Blindmath] Press Release: MathType 6.5 for Windows is available

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Wed Dec 3 19:15:33 UTC 2008

I had been wondering what it might do, but I came to the same conclusion
that for those very familiar with word then just learning the math TeX
isn't such a steep learning curve.

Is this really the best solution, probably not. I am sure that this work
that Neil and design Science are putting into accessibility will help
people, but sometimes I wonder whether these work arounds (relying on
the TeX features of MathType) do improve things in the long term as some
AT providers might say "well you can use it that way why do we need to
do anything" without really understanding the problems and how work on
their side might improve math accessibility. Neil's earlier comment
about users requesting math accessibility in their AT probably is the
way things need to go for the long term.

Michael Whapples