[Blindmath] Introduction

Roopakshi Pathania r_akshi_tgk at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 5 01:48:41 UTC 2009

Hi,

First of all, I appreciate your interest in making your project –nLab as accessible as possible.

I am a regular visitor of Prof. Terence Tao’s blog, which by the way is accessible due to the LaTeX source for the equations.

I think that most of the points about accessibility of Mathematics have been addressed already, so I am just going to list a few examples of sites that in my view do a good job of providing accessible Math content and are also easy to navigate with a screen reader.

MathML

- A book from MIT

http://ocw.mit.edu/ans7870/18/18.013a/textbook/MathML/index.xhtml

- A site providing Algebraic course concepts and exercises

http://onemathematicalcat.org/

HTML with LaTeX source for the images

- Wikibooks

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Main_Page

- The art of problem solving

http://www.artofproblemsolving.com/

There are more sites, blogs and wikis that provide LaTeX source for their content.

Regards

"Successful investing is anticipating the anticipations of others."
~ John Maynard Keynes