[Blindmath] Giving a Test for Mensa

Stewart Dickson MathArt at Emsh.CalArts.edu
Sun Oct 4 22:21:57 UTC 2009

Hi, Roopakshi,

Here is the list of qualifying tests for admission into Mensa:
http://www.us.mensa.org/Content/AML/NavigationMenu/Join/SubmitTestScores/QualifyingTestScores/QualifyingScores.htm

I think that the answer to your question gets deferred to the access
means that more general testing organizations offer, e.g., school
districts, college board, etc.

WHen I tested at a Local Mensa testing date, I took the California Test
of Mental Maturity (CTMM)

--Stewart, http://us.imdb.com/Name?Stewart+Dickson
http://www.ifp.uiuc.edu/~sdickson
http://emsh.calarts.edu/~mathart/MathArt_siteMap.html

Tests commonly administered by school districts

Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT)

SAS or CSI (IQ) 132

Differential Ability Scales (DAS)

GCA 132
Otis-Lennon Tests

IQ 132
Otis-Gamma Test

IQ 131
Naglieri Nonverbal Ability Test (NNAT)
Individual and Multilevel Forms

Ability Index Score
of 130 or above
Stanford Binet

IQ 132
Stanford Binet 5

IQ 130
Woodcock-Johnson Test of Cognitive Abilities
(not the Woodcock Johnson Achievement Test) IQ 132

College preparatory tests

ACT Composite

prior to 9/89
effective 9/89

29
N/A
GMAT

(Percentile rank of
verbal + quantitative)**

95

GRE prior to 5/94 (quantitative + verbal) 1250
from 5/94 to 9/30/01
(quantitative + verbal + analytic) 1875
taken after 9/30/01

N/A
Henmon-Nelson

132
LSAT*** prior to 1982 662
effective 1982
(total percentile rank)

95
Miller Analogies Test (MAT) prior to 10/04 (raw score) 66
after 10/04
(total group percentile score)

95%
PSAT (taken in junior year) prior to 5/93 180
effective 5/93

N/A
PSAT (taken in senior year)
prior to 5/93
effective 5/93

195
N/A
CEEB prior to 9/30/77 1300
after 10/1/77 N/A

SAT prior to 9/30/74 1300
from 9/30/74 to 1/31/94 1250
after 1/31/94 N/A

Tests administered by private psychologists

California Test of Mental Maturity (CTMM)

IQ 132
Cattell

IQ 148
Differential Ability Scales (DAS)

GCA 132
Reynolds Intellectual Assessment Scales

IQ 132
Stanford Binet

IQ 132
Stanford Binet 5

IQ 130
Wechsler Adult and Children Scales IQ 130
(WAIS and WAIS-R, WISC, WISC-R, WISC-III, WISC-4th
Edition, WPPSI™)
Note: Short form not accepted

Tests administered by the military ****

AFQT