[Blindmath] new member... with a question!

Alastair Irving alastair.irving at sjc.ox.ac.uk
Sat Oct 10 14:45:25 UTC 2009

Hi

The question of how to solve the problem is rather off topic for this
list, but the question of where to find accessible materials is not.

The two sites I would start with are wikipedia and mathworld.  Both of
these use images for equations but the alt-tag is in LaTeX so can be
read with a screenreader.  (Even if you're not familiar with LaTeX it
should be reasonably obvious what most things mean, ^ for superscript
and _ for subscript, etc).

Both sites have articles on all the common integer factorisation
algorithms.  However, I actually don't think they're needed in this
case.  The number is less than 2^64 so you should be able to solve the
problem in any language with a 64-bit integer type.  I actually just
solved it using python, and the time taken was very small.

HTH

Alastair Irving