[Blindmath] Mathematica

Stewart Dickson MathArt at Emsh.CalArts.edu
Thu Oct 15 00:14:58 UTC 2009

>From Wolfram Technical Support:

The only example that I know of for someone connecting a braille
device to Mathematica was an optical physicist,
   http://www.wolfram.com/news/strickland.html
(This story was from 2004.)

Connecting to the Mathematica kernel, rather than the typesetting
front end, might be more effective.  Depending on the available
drivers and interfaces for the inftyreader or other braille device,
one could probably connect to it with MathLink (C language) or
J/Link (Java language).

My apologies for the delay.

Bruce Miller
Technical Support
Wolfram Research, Inc.
support at wolfram.com
http://support.wolfram.com/

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[TS 37822]--Re:[Fwd: [Blindmath] Mathematica]
Date: 	Wed, 14 Oct 2009 23:30:00 UT
From: 	support at wolfram.com, infocenter at wolfram.com
To: 	MathArt at Emsh.CalArts.edu

 -- Wolfram Research Technical Support --

This is a response to your email.
The reply to your question can be found at the bottom of this message.
Our classification number for this message is: [TS 37822]
Please give this number in any future correspondence
related to this question. If you leave this number in
the Subject: header in the form [TS 37822], it will
automatically be reassigned to the original technician.