[Blindmath] Frustrations with InftyReader

Roopakshi Pathania r_akshi_tgk at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 25 10:21:46 UTC 2009

Hi all,

What are the optimal settings for the LaTeX output dialog box?
I experimented with selecting and clearing a few options, but I am not happy with my own experiments.
I cleared the “Noindent for Others” checkbox because InftyReader was inserting \noindent after every line. I then cleared all the checkboxes related to text output because the commands like \medskip and \it were being inserted in places where they were not even in the original text. I subsequently cleared the checkboxes related to the math output because InftyReader thought all URLs required a \mathrm before every character.
I also suspect that InftyReader indicates  centered text that is in fact not centered.
Now I have gone back to producing HR-TeX output.

Another question related to my frustrations with the LaTeX output in InftyReader is if any one has compared the HR-TeX and Word 2007 used with MathType output?

I am planning to write a tutorial for InftyReader. What do you all think? All suggestions and inputs are welcome. I will then get the tutorial approved by the Sciaccess people.

Regards

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
said by Dumbledore
~ JK Rowling