[Blindmath] Justin's introduction

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 19:50:18 UTC 2010

Hi Vincent -- I'm not Justin but I loved your welcome message.  I had a hard
time leaving math when I "apostasized" over to computer science *smile*.
I'm glad for the applications I discovered of the pure theory I had
studied -- my emphasis was in abstract algebra and I loved it -- but I still
haven't "grown up" either as to what I really want to do. If I get a Ph.D in
any subject I don't know what I will do with it.  Growing up is like ever
searching for that asymptotic line...*smile* and then the field changes over
time.
Math is a great foundation for many things.
I am hoping it will become fully accessible to all who want to learn it.
--le