[Blindmath] Introduction

Salisbury, Justin Mark SALISBURYJ08 at students.ecu.edu
Sun Jun 20 03:21:40 UTC 2010

Thank you so much to everyone who has responded to my introduction!

To respond to Ryan's note,

   I think your majors sound awesome!  I actually considered Northern Arizona University, which you said is your school, when I was looking for colleges.  I really like the emphasis on the Native Americans that your school has.  I didn't have the opportunity to visit NAU, though, so I did not end up attending.  East Carolina also participated in a summer reading program during the summer before my freshman year, and the book was written by an anthropology professor at NAU.

   I took the introductory course in microeconomics at the University of Connecticut during the month of May, 2010, and I really enjoyed it.  It was an exploratory endeavor, and it really piqued my interest in economics.  I will be taking the introductory macroecnomics course later this summer.  I am currently taking Linear Algebra at another school in CT, and I am probably going to have to wait until next summer to take Differential Equations.  I am looking forward to it, though.  I should have taken Differential Equations during my senior year of high school, but I chose to leave the calculus route in favor of stat instead.  How do you deal with math?  Do you do it visually, with Braille, or auditorily and mentally?  What other interesting applied math courses have you taken?

Are you-and everyone else on this list-going to be in Dallas this summer for the convention?

Take care,

Justin

Justin M. Salisbury
Undergraduate Student
The University Honors Program
East Carolina University
salisburyj08 at students.ecu.edu

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."    -Aristotle