[Blindmath] Colllege calculus Questions

Peter Wolfe sunspot005 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 20:19:53 UTC 2010

--
Peter Q. Wolfe, AS
sunspot005 at gmail.com
To Blind NFB Math e-mail list members and others:

    My name is Peter, who is a sophomore at a major four year
university in the south eastern portion of the U.S.A. My major is
going to be computer science with no minor picked or needed at this
point in the game right now. I've only taken precalculus at my former
college and forgot all of it now. I've ordered nemeth code, algebra,
trig and a calculus book from NLS but with no luck after threee weeks
for nemeth code and my pen commandments book. I've heard from a
professor in Massachusetts and from a government institution that RFB
and D can help me out with math and science in audio. I've not been
blind for most of my life, so I want your take on my situation on what
is the most affective way to learn calculus I, II, and III with linear
algebra in a college level being blind? I don't read print and use
Window-Eyes version 7.2. I have a talking scientific calculator and
have about two more months till the fall semester and might have a
tutor for the fall if I need one. Thanks for any help you can suggest
or whatever.
note: any arrogant NFB people don't comment cause I won't listen to
anymore rude and arrogant NFB members claiming that others are either
lazy, inferior or whatever your egomanics think of yourselves cause at
one point we have had all help at one juncture in our lives in this
respect.

gracias,
Peter Q. Wolfe, AS