[Blindmath] Colllege calculus Questions

Roopakshi Pathania r_akshi_tgk at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 27 10:47:54 UTC 2010

One area where serious Math like integration and differentiation and sometimes even Physics is needed is Gaming.
I suppose even blind programmers could work on certain aspects of games, but can't say if they do in the real world.
Of course good audio games would also require Math.

Continuing with Shane's example, automating platforms that deal with data should in my understanding require calculus

And then there is programming mathematical, financial, and physics models.
If the model deals with calculus in some way, I suppose the programmer should know about it.

> A typical calculus problem in the course I took anyway
> might be 10 or so steps.

When you move on to integration and Differential Equations, problems can become longer.
Trig identities and set theory proofs can also be longer, but that is not Calculus.
Or just may be I'm imagining things.