[Blindmath] A Blog Post on Pronunciation Guides for Mathematical Notation, Expressions, and Greek Letters

Christine Szostak szostak.1 at osu.edu
Mon Jun 28 15:41:10 UTC 2010

> Now, I WOULD ask a blind person how to do moths.  They usually
> know, because they appreciate that it is the "understanding"
> that is key.  And sadly, the psychologists do not have their
> handles on this yet, I believe.

  Hey hey, those are fighting words to a blind psychologist (ok psychology
graduate student) who studies spoken language comprehension (e.g.,
understanding) <smile>. Sorry, I just had to throw this in since I am in the
middle of reading a paper all about how humans understand spoken words:).

  I actually really enjoyed your comments below especially in the
picture/word comparisons.
Many thanks and have a wonderful Monday everyone!
Christine