[Blindmath] graphing inequalities

Rich Cavallaro richcav1014 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 17:47:02 UTC 2010

Hi all:
I am a blind college student taking a math course at my college Hofstra University.
I have access to the text in Braille.
My questions concern graphing:
Currently, when I graph a problem, I use braille graphing paper from APH.
I put in a thumb tack to show where 0,0 falls on the line.
I then use a comination of bump dots from Maxi Aids and wiki sticks to plot the points and draw the connecting line when graphing inequalities.
Is this the best way to go about this?
When it comes to shading the line:
I currently show someone sighted where to shade, and they will draw it on the graph.
Is there a better way to go about shading?
Are there any methods to do graphing via computer?
Also, does there exist any kind of talking graphing calculator?
Rich Cavallaro