[Blindmath] Two questions for those who use R

Christine Szostak szostak.1 at osu.edu
Sun May 16 09:54:35 UTC 2010

Hi,
  Two thoughts from a fairly new R user.

1)  Sink() will let you do I believe what it is you are wanting to do. You
first indicate with sink where you want the information to be output (e.g.,
sink(e:/mytextfile.txt), notice the / instead of the \. If you use \ you
need to use two of them so that R knows it is intended as a \ rather than a
special character (e.g., sink(e:\\mytextfile.txt). The / mark will do the
same think and you only need one as in my first example. R treats the / mark
as the \ mark. Once you indicate with sink() where you want information to
be output, you simply need to type sink() after the line of code you want to
be output. thus, it will send your table or other results to a text file or
other specified file. I believe you would be able to specify .doc instead of
.txt.

2)  For R, use the JAWS cursor to explore the output in the terminal itself.
This also works with general commandlines (e.g., MS-DOS prompt and command
prompt).

  Hope this helps.
Christine

Christine M. Szostak
Graduate Student
Language Perception Laboratory
Department of Psychology, Cognitive Area
The Ohio State University
Columbus, Ohio
szostak.1 at osu.edu