[Blindmath] Math Type formulas in ppt files

Sarah Jevnikar sarah.jevnikar at utoronto.ca
Sun Nov 21 18:22:36 UTC 2010

Hi Birkir and all,
Here's what I've tried:
1. Open the word document (identical to the xht file I sent earlier) in MS
word and try to print to my embosser. Clearly unsuccessful. I got some
sporadic dots though in an intriguing pattern.
2. Open the word file in DBT, translate and emboss. This only reproduced the
text but no math notation.
3. Open the word file in WinBraille and attempt to translate. This attempt
caused the program to cease responding.
4. open the xht file in dbt, translate to Braille and emboss. This produced
a page and a half of gibberish.

Frustrating to say the least.

Sarah