[Blindmath] FW: [Then] Jaws and Stats software

Jonathan Godfrey a.j.godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Wed Feb 16 22:44:39 UTC 2011

Hi,

I use R every day of my working life.

Use the terminal version not the gui version. Jaws and NVDA work well
with it and I have no reason for believing Window Eyes don't

I personally have issues with Excel and its usefulness for
statistical analyses. Use it with caution if you do much more than
the simple calculations.

Jonathan
(This message may seem short due to me being away from home on overseas travel)

At 11:17 a.m. 17/02/2011, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I recommend that this person take a serious look at using excel. I've
>heard of someone else trying to use SPSS and it not being accessible,
>and I haven't tried it out with the Java access bridge, so can't say
>how accessible it is because I don't have the software. The only other
>things tht might be trie is to look at other screen readers, but I
>doubt they'd work. Maybe someone know si fthere is a script out there
>for the software? Or if anyone has the software, can anyonoe script
>it?
>
>Otherwise, as I said, I' would stick with excel.
>
>Thanks
>Nimer J
>
>On 16/02/2011, Burke, Dan (DSS) <burke at mso.umt.edu> wrote:
> > Any comments or suggestions for the post below regarding stats software?
> >
> > Dan
> >

> > Dan Burke
> >
> > Assistant Director/Assistive Technology Coordinator
> >

> > Disability Services for Students
> >
> > The University of Montana
> >
> > Emma B. Lommasson Center 154
> >
> > Missoula, MT 59812
> >

> > 406.243.4424
> >
> > 406.243.5330 FAX
> >

> > www.umt.edu/disability

_____
Dr A. Jonathan R. Godfrey
Lecturer in Statistics
Institute of Fundamental Sciences
Massey University
Palmerston North

Office: Science Tower B Room 3.15
Phone: +64-6-356 9099 ext 7705
Mobile: +64-29-538-9814
Home Address: 22 Bond St, Palm. Nth.
Home Phone: +64-6-353 2224 (Just think FLEABAG)